Royal Albert FC

Royal Albert F.C.

by Super Admin 4031 Views 0

The Albert welcomed Gartcairn to the Stadio Del Alberto for the first league game of the season. Gartcairn will be one of the favourites for the League this season so this will be a good test for the Albert. The Albert went into the game with 7 players missing through injury and holidays but still welcomed back Barry Murdoch and Chris Dollan from injury. The game started of in dry but windy conditions, but as the game went on we seen rain sun wind all in the space of half an hour. The game started off with Gartcairn having the best of the opening 10mins as it took the Albert a while to grips with the game and it was in that time that Gartcairn took the lead when the Albert have the ball away cheaply and Gartcairn capatalalised to score their first goal. The goal seemed to stir the Albert into action and started to get into the game and created several good chances, the first chance came from a corner which Fraser Stobie headed by the post. Their next chance fell to young Scott Ballantyne who was put through on goal by a great reverse pass by Jordan Rennie who ran in on goal but slid the ball by the post, the next effort was created by Jordan Rennie himself when he turned the Gartcairn defender and shot at goal which was saved by the keeper the rebound was cleared . we Gartcairn then created a chance for themselves but shot by the post. The Albert then had the ball in the net after a great move from Scott Ballantyne Jordan Rennie played in Josh Anderson who shot past the keeper only to be ruled out for offside . The next chance came from a long range shot from Chris Dollan whose shot was tipped over the bar. As the half time whistle the Albert could count themselves unlucky to be goal down. The second half started with Gartcairn nearly going two up but for good save from Craig Smith . The Albert forced a corner from which Stuart McParlane scored from a stooping header at the front post to equalised. The lead only lasted 10mins as Gartcairn scored from a mistake by Stobie in the Albert defence instead of clearing the ball before it bounced he hesitated and it allowed the Gartcairn forward to square the ball allowing the striker to score. The lead only lasted 5mins, when the Albert equalised from buzzard circumstances when Michael Neill shot from 35yds the ball seemed to move in the air catching the Gartcairn keeper out, he got a hand on the ball but couldn't keep it out. The Albert continued to press but failed to convert their chances, but with 10mins to go they were awarded a penalty when Scott Ballantyne was brought down in the box to be honest it looked a bit soft especially when in the first half Gartcairn were denied a penalty . Barry Murdoch stepped up but the goalie saved the ball with his legs. This miss was to come back and haunt them when with two minutes to go Gartcairn scored from a hopefully punt up the park the Albert defence was caught out and the Gartcairn striker ran through and chipped the ball over the Albert the keeper. The Albert had a chance to score when Scott Ballantyne ran down the Gartcairn keeper and crossed into the box but the Albert couldn't score. The referee blew the whistle for full time The Albert can think themselves unlucky not to take at least one point from the game . The Albert played well against one of the strongest teams in the league but we will need to stop the basic mistakes at the back and also take our chances when they come . The optimisum is high at the Albert for the coming season but need to start turning performances into wins.